Monday, July 09, 2012

Crash Bandicoot - unused "Naughty Dog"

I'm finding a lot of material from the development of Crash Bandicoot. Some of it for characters that weren't used in the game. For example here's a design I did for Naughty Dog the production company that was developing Crash. This is from the Willy the Wombat days too. It's a character I came up with as a courtesy to Naughty Dog. The logo character on their business cards was not very impressive. I thought I could interest them in something more appealing and contemporary. So I came up with this guy Naughty Dog. Thought it would be cool to have a character by the name of Naughty Dog making a cameo appearance with the other characters. Didn't go anywhere but it produced a sketch for us to enjoy 17 years later. First time this has been published.


An update for the Crash fans. I've dug up my entire collection of development art for the original game plus Crash 2 and Crash 3 and Crash Nitro Kart. There's a large amount of content to share!

I'm happy to feature it. There's many other projects I've worked on and things I've done and am currently doing. I'll be mixing it up as we progress. Crash will be a regular entry on this blog.  
  

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent *tenting fingers*

Hey Charles, did you design the dog in the ND logo in the first Crash game?

Charles Z said...

Nope. Didn't have anything to do with it beyond this sketch. That was done by Jason Rubin.

Unknown said...

Really? Also I also saw that you were in a bonus feature on the Tom and Jerry Golden Collection Vol.1:
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n620/NYankeesFan95/c70e0d83.jpg

Also, did you do any designs for CTR?

Charles Z said...

Yes, I was interviewed for the Tom and Jerry DVD last year at Warner Bros. It was the second time I was interviewed for a DVD collection. The first time was for Thundarr the Barbarian which was a Saturday morning cartoon produced in the early 1980s.

tengg said...

Wow! Just wow...

Anonymous said...

I think you should try to do some animations about Crash and other characters! I like a lot this character!