Thursday, January 16, 2014

Exploring characters through watercolor

Not sure if I posted these images previously. If I have please consider this entry a review. Sometime around 2003 I was working with my students at my school in the Visual Development class. Lesson being how to employ simple rendering techniques using a classic medium such as watercolors. I sketched these demos and finished them with a very direct and efficient use of pigments. That's the great thing about watercolor. The simpler your approach the more effective the results. Practicing with traditional mediums such as watercolor paints will help you improve your digital illustration skills as well. Many artists including myself recommend learning basic analog painting techniques prior to or in conjunction with your education with digital illustration programs. It'll help make you a better artist.


No comments: