Saturday, May 02, 2015

Lost / auctioned Crash drawing comes home

The saga of the lost then found then auctioned Crash Bandicoot drawings concludes with a strange but true ending. At least for one of the three from Project A / BC that took place a few weeks ago. First it was mailed to the UK, then it wound up in Brazil for more than 3 months, then it finally made it to the UK where it was auctioned by the Worthing Boys Club.

As it turned out, the winning bidder as fate would have it was a student at my school The Animation Academy in Burbank, who was in attendance in June 2012 when I created the drawing as a class demonstration. Nearly 3 years later the student returned to take another class. Lo and behold, he brought the drawing with him, now framed and under glass, to the very place where it came into being in the first place!

I wouldn't have believed it myself but here's the proof. Things sure do have a mysterious way of working out sometimes...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My gosh what I'd do to own a sketch of Spyro from you! You designed the character that created my childhood...me and my sister would play for hours and when I found your work, the spark to become an artist lit up! I'm now a designer and freelance illustrator. Your work has influenced me so much. I just wish it were like the 90's when games were a labour of love. Spyro and Crash will never lose their charm!

Charles Z said...

Thanks for that great comment Laura. Happy to hear about all the positivity in your life from the game characters and all. Next time I'll do something with Spyro. I'd like to get back to drawing him like I have been with Crash.

Vicente Pelegrini said...

look on the bright side: his drawing traveled the world only to return to you :D

Mister Gribouille said...

OMG XD Beta cutscenes! This is Good!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_4YclrGqM