Friday, October 30, 2015

Halloween art - Hallmark Cards - 1981

It's a personal treat to rediscover this art. It's the layout for what was called a door-wall poster at Hallmark Cards in the earliest days of my professional career. It was printed around 1981 and sold at Hallmark Card shops all across the country. I'm pretty sure I drew it in 1980 the year before. It was my very first Halloween poster that went to market. The product was something like 7 feet long. It was the size of an actual door as a fake entry and of course it was in color. The floor mat at the bottom had "welcome" on it after it went to the lettering department.

2 comments:

Mister Gribouille said...

1980? o_o
Wow this picture is a relic!
Hey!The guy under the floor ...He appears in Crash bandicoot 1!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vURG1cJT0JY#t=0m56s

just a Coincidence?

Charles Z said...

Very similar in that the idea is the same but a coincidence. They never saw this plus I hadn't seen it either. It's been put away for years. This is the first time it's being shown since I drew it.